Meet the team!
KCC is run by Kevin who took his family packaging distribution business a few decades ago, and turned it around into a manufacturing business.
Since the early 90s Kevin has been running his own business winning successful contracts with clients such as Proctor and Gamble, Copella fruit Juices, Waitrose, McVities, Kellogs and more. Kevin concentrates on the development of alternative materials to replace petroleum based plastics in specific areas starting with disposable cutlery widely used for pre-packed convenience salad lunches. Now focused on launching our Riji product line designed to offer a sustainable improved ready meal tray Kevin is busier than ever, watch this space!
When I was younger I wanted to be: A drummer – my dreams didn’t come true but my son Alfie is a great drummer!
Terry joined Sainsbury’s as a food Technologist and transferred to the packaging department where in the early 90’s was made Technical Manager of packaging for the company. Terry had the idea for a standard hygiene and quality system that with other UK retailers became the BRC system that is used extensively in the UK and increasingly around the globe.
Experienced in sustainable and environmental materials, Terry has worked on KCC’s packaging developments in cornstarch hybrid plastics (lower carbon footprint than normal plastic materials) and on ground breaking sustainable fibre based barrier ready meal trays which are dual-ovenable as well as home compostable. Based in mid Wales Terry travels wherever KCC are working on developments from Europe to China and beyond.
The 5 famous people (dead or alive)I would bring to dinner:
- David Attenborough – the greatest naturalist that has ever lived and a man of such charisma that one stands in awe of what he says.
- Dr. Bob Ballard – the undersea explorer and marine biologist, the guy that found and photographed the Titanic.
- Thomas Telford – Probably the best engineer that ever lived.
- Leonardo da Vinci – No one should have to ask why.
- Nat “King” Cole – My hero singer and one of the best entertainers of all time.
- And can I have a sixth please guest please? If so Cetshwayo kaMpande – King of the great Zulu nation in 1879 , just to ask him, how come he could kill over 2,000 armed British troops at Isandlwana on one day and lose to just less than100 British troops at Rorke’s Drift the next day. – I would love to hear his version of the Zulu wars.
Andy is a qualified accountant and KCC’s Finance Manager. With broad business experience over many years including a large specialist haulage recovery business Andys general experience in business challenges bring a depth of great knowledge to our operations. Additionally Andy heads up our legal, grant and recruitment processes.
Andy works 3 days a week including Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
My guilty pleasure: Chocolate! But in my defense I run 30 miles a week.
Gill has a wealth of experience in finance and as our bookkeeper assists Andy with KCC’s finances.
Gill works 4 days a week from Monday – Thursday
For a bookkeeper, Gill’s taste in music is very diverse from Metallica to Dvorjak and recently could be seen in the mosh pit at a Metallica gig!
Marketing and Customer Service Executive
Laura is working at KCC as part of her university degree for a year long placement. She is at the University of Portsmouth studying BA(Hons) Business and Information Technology. She works on all of the marketing and sales for KCC. Laura is a computer wizz, and is working to ensure you receive the best customer service from KCC.
Laura works 4 days a week from Monday to Thursday.
Replay a fun moment in your life, what would you choose? – Canyoning in Slovenia, huge adrenaline rush with the people I love.
What our customers say...
- From ordering and paying to delivery the whole process was smooth and fast. Thank you KCC I will be ordering again soon! Busola – Castlesprings Ltd
- When I started up in 2013 KCC provided the perfect answer for my organic meal delivery service. The microwaveable Locksafe tamper evident pots keep the our meals safe and give confidence to the customer that they are just as they left our kitchen. Georgia – Potage
- We have found KCC’s service ideal, we get the pots we need when we need them. Emma Rowse – the Real Cornish Crab Company