Why use riji® for packing prepared and ready-to-cook meals:
- Cooks at higher temperatures – up to 300 degrees – riji has been rigorously tested and performs excellently at high temperatures. CPet does not perform and begins to melt at very high temperatures (video Below)
- Cooks food faster – saves valuable time – For restaurants and operations requiring fast cooking times, riji is ideal as it can withstand higher temperatures and therefore cook food faster.
- Stays rigid – safer, more user-friendly –Taking a riji tray from the oven provides a much safer and more comfortable user experience than CPet, which is apt to spillages. This is great news for busy restaurants and for the consumer, particularly those who are older, or who have a disability.
- Better insulation – cooler to the touch, food stays hot for longer – riji trays conduct heat more slowly than alternative forms of packaging, which means they are cooler to the touch and easier to handle when hot. They also keep the food piping hot for longer than plastic or metal trays.
- Film-sealing is easy – The trays can be film-sealed using normal film lid-sealing machinery and if compostable film is used, the whole pack is 100% compostable.
- Low carbon footprint – made from 100% natural products – riji trays are made from waste by-products from natural materials such as bamboo, wheat or sugar cane. This means that not only do they make use of something that’s normally discarded, they also emit oxygen whilst they are growing and reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
- Easier disposal – Suitable for home composting, cutting down on the cost of food waste and disposal.
- Or process in anaerobic digestion machines This produces renewable energy i.e. electricity and heat. What’s left from the process is a nutrient rich bio fertiliser and can be applied on farmland in place of fossil fuel derived fertilisers.
What our customers say...
- From ordering and paying to delivery the whole process was smooth and fast. Thank you KCC I will be ordering again soon! Busola – Castlesprings Ltd
- When I started up in 2013 KCC provided the perfect answer for my organic meal delivery service. The microwaveable Locksafe tamper evident pots keep the our meals safe and give confidence to the customer that they are just as they left our kitchen. Georgia – Potage
- We have found KCC’s service ideal, we get the pots we need when we need them. Emma Rowse – the Real Cornish Crab Company